Marshall County Detention Center
VisitationNo cell phones allowed in the jail lobby. If a visitor has a phone, they'll be asked to leave their visit and take their phone to their vehicle or the phone can be kept in the jail office until the visit is over. A "no cell phones" sign is posted at the front of the jail. Repeat offences may affect your eligibility to visit.
The Marshall County Detention Center allows visitation at various time throughout the week. If a visitor arrives after the sign in time, they will not be able to visit. Each inmate is allowed two 15-minute visits per week. Visitation hours are as follows:
- Male Inmates – Tuesday through Saturday 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM - must be here and signed in no later that 10 AM
- Female Inmates – Tuesday through Saturday 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM - must be signed in no later than 12 noon
- Monday all dorms 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM- must be signed in by 10 AM
- Sunday Dorm 1 and 2, 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM - must be signed in by 10 AM
- Sunday Dorm 3 and 4, 12:00 AM to 2:30 AM- must be signed in by 2 AM *Please note: If you live a considerable distance from the jail, call ahead and ask about an extended visit.
ClothingAll clothing items must be brought in within 7 business days after the inmate is booked in the jail. Clothing cannot be brought in on Saturday. This list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change at any time:
- 5 short sleeved cotton tee shirts
- 7 pair of socks
- 7 pair of underwear
- 2 handkerchiefs
- 2 sets of long john (thermal) tops and bottoms
- 2 bras, no underwire (female inmates only)
- 2 pair of shorts, cotton gym type shorts
CommissaryAll inmates have access to order canteen from screens in their cells where they can purchase hygiene articles, snacks and any writing material they want including stamped envelopes. Money may be placed on an inmates account by phone by dialing 1-877-998-56781-855-836-3364, online at jailfunds.com, or on a kiosk in the jail lobby.
We also have the Care-A-Cell company where inmate “care packages” can be purchased and delivered weekly to the inmate at the jail. To order call 1-800-622-81661-800-622-8166 or visit their website at www.careacell.com
TelephoneCombined Public Communications is the phone provider used by the Jail. Inmates have the opportunity to purchase phone cards here at the jail. There is also a kiosk in the lobby where money can be placed on an inmate’s phone account or you can place money on their account over the phone by calling 1-877-998-56781-877-998-5678 or online at www.inmatesales.com
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM weekdays