Marshall County Detention Center
VisitationThe Marshall County Detention Center allows visitation Tuesday through Saturday. Each inmate is allowed one 20 minute visit per week. Visitors must sign in legibly on visitors log in the lobby and call in to the Control Room on the intercom to be considered signed in to visit.
Cell phones, any recording devices or photo taking devices are absolutely not permitted. If you are observed with any of these devices, you will be asked to leave immediately and your visiting privileges may be suspended.
Visitation hours are as follows:
- Male Inmates – Tuesday through Saturday 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM - must be signed in by 10:15 AM
- Female Inmates – Tuesday through Saturday 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM - must be signed in by 12:45 PM
For those housed in the Restricted Custody Facility (Class D), visitation hours are:
- Sunday: Dorm 1 and 2, 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM - must be signed in by 10:15 AM
- Sunday: Dorm 3 and 4, 12:00 PM to 2:30 AM - must be signed in by 2:15 PM
- Monday: All Dorms, 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM - must be signed in by 10:15 AM
ClothingThe following list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change without notice. ATTENTION: All items must be mailed into the facility from a third party, such as Amazon or Wal-Mart. All items must be delivered within 14 days of inmate arriving at facility.
- 5 short sleeved cotton tee shirts (white or gray only no words or pics on clothing)
- 7 pair of socks (white or gray only)
- 7 pair of underwear (white or gray only)
- 2 handkerchiefs (white or gray only)
- 2 sets of long john (waffle type) tops and bottoms (white or gray only)
- 2 bras, no underwire (female inmates)
- 2 pair of shorts, cotton gym type shorts (white or gray only)
CommissaryAll inmates have access to the Care-A-Cell commissary system where they can order hygiene articles, snacks and writing materials. The inmates can also make video calls, and sent texts and e-mails with money from their commissary fund. Money can be put on an inmate’s account online at https://careacell.jointaccounts.com/deposits or call 1-800-622-81661-800-622-8166. Care-A-Cell also has inmate “care packages” available for purchase.
TelephoneFor traditional phone service, you can place money on their account over the phone by calling 1-877-998-56781-877-998-5678 or online at inmatesales.com
Other InformationInmates have access to the library where they have a choice of reading material. New paperback books may be sent in but will be forfeited to the jail after they are read. Inmates may have 1 book per month sent in. Bibles or other preferred religious books are available from the Chaplin.
No outside medications can be brought into the facility.
No cigarettes or tobacco products of any kind are allowed; we are a no smoking facility.
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM weekdays